Table of Contents Hide
- Making Someone’s Phone Ring While It’s On Silent
If someone is using an iPhone, you can ring their phone if you are in the favorites section of their contact list, even if their phone is on silent. Follow the steps below for a more detailed guide.
Making Someone’s Phone Ring While It’s On Silent
- The first step is to go to their contact list and click the favorites and ‘+’ icon.
They can now choose your contact’s name. After choosing your contact’s name, it will provide them with many options: they may enable you to send them a message, call them, or have a video call.
- Click the ‘call’ option if they want to call their phone. They may also choose if you will call them using a phone number, WhatsApp, or any other program.
That’s it! You can now ring someone’s phone even if it is on silent or ‘do not disturb mode.
The video above demonstrates how to allow specific contacts to ring your iPhone on silent mode. So, you do not have to worry if your friend or your special someone won’t notice your call.
Aside from putting the specific person on your ‘favorites’ section of your contact list, you may also use the ‘Emergency Bypass’ on your iPhone. Go to your contact list, choose the person you want to call you, and click the edit button in the upper right corner.
After that, scroll down and click the ‘ringtone’ button. Turn on the ‘Emergency Bypass’ feature.
The emergency bypass feature allows you to hear sound and feel the vibration even when the phone is silent or the ‘do not disturb’ is on.
1. Is It Possible To Ring Someone’s Android Phone If It Is On ‘Do Not Disturb’ Mode?
Yes, but first, you need to manually enter emergency numbers in your phone. To add a specific person to your emergency contacts, go to your contacts and choose if you want to ring even while in silent mode.
After doing the steps provided above, go to your phone’s settings, and find the ‘do not disturb feature. Choose ‘Allows call’ and click the ‘from starred contact only.’
2. How Can I Wake Up Someone While Their Phone Is On Silent?
You cannot wake up someone using a phone without using a third-party application. You can download the Galarm application in your Google Playstore or Appstore.
Take note that you and your friend must have this app. To use Galarm, follow the procedures below:
- Open the app, go to the right, and click on the new alarm icon.
- Select the option to make an alarm for someone else.
- Choose the person from your contact list to whom you wish to send an alarm.
3. How Can I Enable Or Disable The iPhone 13’s Silent Mode?
There are two ways to turn on and off the silent mode on iPhone 13. The first way is using the hardware switch that can be seen on the left side of your iPhone 13.
Flip the top switch to activate or deactivate the silent mode. If you can see the orange color, the silent mode is on, and if there is no orange color, it means that the silent mode is turned off.
The second method that you can do is to use the settings of your iPhone 13. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to ‘Sounds & Haptics.’
- Slide the slider in ‘Ringer and Alerts.’
- If you push the slider to the left side, your phone is silent.
The third and last method is to use ‘Back Tap.’ If your iPhone is running iOS14 or later, you can use this method. To do this,
- Launch your phone settings.
- Go to ‘Accessibility’ and ‘Touch.’
- Find the ‘Back Tap’ by scrolling down.
- After selecting the Back Tap, click the ‘Double Tap’ and choose mute if you want to be on silent mode.
4. How To Find A Missing Phone At Home That Is On Silent Mode?
Here are the steps to find your phone using Android Manager:
- Type ‘Find My Device‘ into the address bar of any web browser.
- Login using the same Google account credentials you used to recover the lost phone.
- Select your Android phone from the mobile devices associated with your account.
- Wait 30 seconds after pressing the ‘Ring’ button for the command to reach the device.